A-List Celebrities That Can’t Live Without CBD
With CBD becoming the talk among the crowds, there is no surprise that it’s growing into the newest craze in Hollywood. As more and more people are opening up to the world of CBD with it being legal in all 50 states of the U.S., its popularity is soaring, especially within the celebrity community. Despite this, many are unfamiliar about this hemp-based cannabidiol.
What Is CBD?
According to Project CBD, “cannabidiol (CBD) is a naturally occurring compound found in the resinous flower of cannabis… As a safe, non-addictive substance, CBD is one of more than a hundred ‘phytocannabinoids,’ with its robust therapeutic profile.”
If you’re interested in learning more about the differences between CBD and THC, read our blog post here.
CBD provides the healing properties without giving you the “high” effect normally associated with marijuana. Because of its therapeutic properties along with not leaving its user hazy, it has made itself an intriguing option for people who are still hesitant in giving CBD a try.
What Are Celebrities Using It For?
Many celebrities use it for different reasons, including pain relief, aiding neurological conditions, skin diseases, calming nerves and anxiety, etc. Here’s what your favorite celebs have been using it for.
- Melissa McCarthy—Actress: As McCarthy walked down the red carpet of the Academy Awards in high heels, the nominee for Best Actress told Allure how CBD was applied to her feet to alleviate any pain caused by her shoes. Singer and Actress, Mandy Moore discusses how she also uses this trick before her big events where she must dress to impress.
- Alessandra Ambrosio—Victoria’s Secret Model: In preparing for the yearly Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, antics are at an all-time high. The night before, Ambrosio uses CBD oil to calm her nerves and anxiety to ensure she gets enough sleep (StyleCaster).
- Jennifer Aniston—Actress: To monitor her stress and anxiety, Aniston takes an oral CBD oil nightly to her in these areas. Aniston told Us Magazine in an interview, “It has all the benefits of marijuana without the high.”
- Morgan Freeman—Actor: For treating fibromyalgia, a disorder that affects sleep, memory, and pain, from an accident in 2008, Freeman utilizes both CBD and THC to treat these issues (Key to Cannabis).
- Michael J. Fox—Actor: In order to treat the symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease, Fox uses cannabis to counter many of the effects of the disease (Key to Cannabis).
Among these celebrities include many more that tried CBD and stand by it. While people are still learning about this natural product deriving from hemp, celebrities using CBD—orally or topically—opens up this discussion that many are continuing to learn more about. If you’re interested in trying out CBD for yourself, check out our products here.